VG3 Machinist | Victor, ID
Join our team of inspired makers & innovators!
Full Time | Manufacturing
Job Title: VG3 Machinist
Location: Victor, Idaho
Reports to: VP of Production
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
New West KnifeWorks is looking for an experienced machinist to join our growing production facility in Victor, ID.
- 2+ years experience around precision and power tools.
- Experience and or knowledge in CNC machining and programming.
- Excellent manual dexterity, accuracy and attention to detail
- Mathematical skills
- Experience in using and/or programming manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines (lathes, grinders etc.)
- Ability to use precision tools (e.g. calipers) to take accurate measurements
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Knowledge of metal properties and other material
- Communication skills with ability to discuss and solve challenges
What you’ll do:
- Operate a manual mill as well as computer numerically controlled (CNC) machines to cut and produce precision knives and fixtures..
- Learn and understand machine functionality and associated software.
- Keep track of daily totals finished
- Order consumables and tools needed to maintain quotas
- Verify conformance of finished work-piece to specifications, using measuring and inspection tools as necessary. •
- Set up and operate machines on trial runs to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data. •
- Performs routine maintenance tasks on machines as required.
- Collaborate with machine manufacturers as well as VP Production and R&D staff to solve issues as they arise.
- Train other operators in use of machines
Email email@example.com with resume as an attachment and cover letter in email body.
Address | 7667 Lupine Lane, Victor ID 83455
Phone | 877.258.0100