Help Wanted: Maker
Full Time | Manufacturing
Location: Victor, Idaho
Job Title: Knife Maker
Reports to: Production Floor Manager
NWKW is looking for candidates to make America's Best cutlery. Our reputation for durability, performance, design is second to none- so we are looking for diligent workers skilled with their hands to uphold those high standards.
The Job: New West KnifeWorks applies a PPK (Pay Per Knife) compensation for this position. This system is based on minimum production quotas to allow a flexible schedule.
To Apply please read the details below and then email Jobs@NewWestKnifeWorks.com
After quality assurance tests:
PPK Rate (after achieving your "black belt" in knife making) $20-$30/hr
Hourly rate is determined by quality and efficiency
- The attention and craftsmanship equal to or greater than a Finished Carpenter.
- Ability to handle heavy equipment.
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to multitask.
- Great communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of mechanical devices
Essential Job Functions
- Arrange machine at the beginning of work procedures to ensure that everything is in order
- Test the machine before the main work begins to be sure that it’s in good condition for production.
- Clean up machine parts after every work procedure.
- Set all machine operation information such as speed, size and shape into machine before it begins running.
- Insert all production materials in the various parts of the machine where they are supposed to be to enhance production output.
- Ensure that machines are calibrated and re-calibrated before and after production procedures.
- Troubleshoot machine problems to determine actual faults.
- Strictly adhere to client job specifications and ensure good quality work.
- Ensure timely preparation and availability of all production materials to avoid shortage during production.
- Report to supervisor(s) regularly, keeping them updated on production activities and progress.
- Study blueprint from work layout to ensure accuracy in production task.
To Apply please email Jobs@NewWestKnifeWorks.com